Friday 9 December 2011

Subtraction Cutting



I really enjoyed using subtraction cutting. I found that it was quite easy to follow and wasn't mathematical like methods of pattern cutting I have explored before. I like how a process so simple can produce something so complex and not one had turned out exactly the same as the other. Doing this method once shows how you can achieve different effects through trial and error. I like how volume and shape can vary quite easily by simply placing the circles in different places and by changing what fabrics you use (some may have better draping qualities, some may hold the shape better and be quite stiff). I would love to look more into subtraction cutting to experiment further with this and perhaps use this technique within my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment